top of page

Areas of Practice

Rowan Chambers specialises in Family and Immigration Law and can assist with the following areas...


Divorce and Financial Arrangements

I can offer assistance with the divorce progress, including advice on property rights, pensions and financial arrangements. I will negotiate on your behalf with the other side out of court to formalise an agreement, however if court action is required I am also able to represent you without the need for a solicitor.


Family Law

I am often instructed to work in cases involving:

  • Domestic Violence

  • Injunctions

  • Children (where they live and how much time either parent spends with them)

  • Care cases and private cases where social services are involved

  • Grandparents who want to see their grandchildren or apply for special guardianship orders

  • Court of protection work

  • Relocation cases where parents want to move abroad with the children or even when they want to move a few hours away



I can advise and assist you in making applications for visas and passports. I can represent you at any immigration hearing including applications for judicial review in The High Court.

Public Access Clients

The Public Access scheme allows members of the public to instruct a barrister directly. In the past it was necessary for clients to use a solicitor to instruct a barrister. Public Access is available for all types of work that barristers can do, except for work that is funded by legal aid.

Some cases are not suitable for Public Access due to a variety of reasons. If we believe your case is not suitable, we will advise you to seek the support of a solicitor.

​Public Access Guidance can be found here.

bottom of page